A New York City medical examiner has confirmed Michael K. Williams' death was caused by an accidental overdose. According to the medical examiner, the actor died from a deadly mix of fentanyl, parafluorofentanyl, heroin, and cocaine.
The 54-year-old actor was found dead in his Brooklyn apartment by his nephew earlier this month. At the time of his death, a drug overdose was the likely cause of death as drug paraphernalia was found inside his home.
Since Michael K Williams' death, the NYPD has prepared a criminal investigation into the drug deal who may have provided the actor with the deadly drugs. As of now, no suspects have been identified.
Michael K. Williams was most notable for playing Omar Little in The Wire and Chalky White in Boardwalk Empire. Michael K. Williams starred in over 60 films and nearly 40 television during his career.