Grammy-winning artist Lil Nas X is facing serious legal trouble after a bizarre incident in Los Angeles that led to his arrest last week. The 26-year-old rapper, whose real name is Montero Lamar Hill, entered a not guilty plea on August 25 to four felony charges connected to an alleged altercation with police officers.
According to court records, Lil Nas X is charged with three felony counts of battery with injury on a police officer and one felony count of resisting arrest. The charges stem from an incident on August 21, when authorities received reports of a nude man wandering Ventura Boulevard. When police arrived, the rapper allegedly struck an officer in the face, leading to his arrest and subsequent hospitalization. His bail was set at $75,000, with conditions requiring him to either attend four Narcotics Anonymous meetings per week or enroll in an outpatient treatment program.
Video footage from inside the courtroom showed Lil Nas X wearing a blue jail uniform, standing behind a door as he listened to the proceedings alongside his attorney, Drew Findling. His father, Robert Stafford, also attended and later spoke with reporters outside the courthouse. “He’s very remorseful for what happened,” Stafford said. “It can happen to any family. He’s going to get the help that he needs, and I just ask everyone to keep him in your prayers. Give him the same grace and mercy that God gives everyone.”
Attorney Findling emphasized the intense pressure his client faces as a global superstar and noted that the incident was out of character. “Don’t forget he’s 26 years old,” Findling said. “It’s not unusual for something like this to happen, particularly when you have the pressure of being recognized internationally like him.” Findling added that the rapper has strong family support and a team in place to help him navigate the situation.
Meanwhile, his defense attorney Christine O’Connor pointed out in court that Lil Nas X has no prior criminal history and strong community ties. She also noted that although toxicology results are still pending, there is currently no evidence that drugs played a role in the incident.
Fans have expressed concern for the rapper, with many echoing his father’s call for compassion rather than judgment. Outside the courthouse, Stafford urged supporters to remember Lil Nas X’s accomplishments instead of focusing solely on this troubling episode. “Don’t judge somebody by the worst moment in their life,” he said.
TMZ, the first outlet to report the arrest, published photos and video allegedly showing Lil Nas X in the streets of Los Angeles wearing white underwear, cowboy boots, and at one point, a traffic cone on his head. The rapper’s next court appearance is scheduled for September 15.
Source: YouTube