Update 08/04/2022 8:30pm:

On Monday, Michael Morgan (23) sent shockwaves throughout news cycles and various social media platforms when he shot a McDonald's employee named Matthew Jeremiah Webb (20) in the neck over an in-store dispute that started with a botched order of fries. Although the shooter was not present for the order itself, he showed up at the fast food restaurant upon being summoned by his mother, Lisa Fulmore (40), who called him out of frustration over the way that the McDonald's staff members had been mocking her, in the face of a request to fix her order. The conflict intensified when Morgan showed up, and it culminated in a proposition for a specific McDonald's employee, in particular, Matthew Jeremiah Webb, to join him outside. Webb honored Morgan's hostile request, and moments later, he was thrown to the ground by the assailant and shot in the neck with a 9mm pistol (that was allegedly handed to him by his girlfriend, who has also been charged) just outside of the eatery on Fulton Street in Bedford-Stuyvesant (Brooklyn). Morgan managed to evade an arrest at the time, but little did he know the incident was captured by surveillance cameras. So, he was apprehended by law enforcement shortly thereafter. The shooter was charged with attempted murder on Thursday. But the real dilemma lies with the health of the victim. Right now, Webb is on life support at the hospital, where he was just declared brain-dead. Morgan has a court hearing scheduled for Monday, if Webb dies in the meantime, Morgan's charges will be upgraded. Hence, Morgan has a long weekend ahead of him as he awaits his fate in jail without bail.


Original 08/03/2022 1:49pm:

A McDonald's employee was recently found on the sidewalk, lying in a puddle of his own blood, following a heated dispute with a customer over an alleged botched order of fries. According to reports, the 23-yea-old man was gunned down just outside of a McDonald's restaurant located at 1531 Fulton Street in the Bedford-Stuyvesant neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York, around 7 pm on Monday, shortly after a woman named Lisa Fulmore (40) walked into the eatery to pick up an order that she made through the McDonald's mobile app. But, what should have been a routine transaction at the register slowly evolved into an ordeal that slightly irked the customer.

“The fries were cold,’’ Fulmore said. “I asked the girl to change the french fries because the fries was cold. She went to the french fry machine for maybe 10 seconds and brought back fries, so I thought they was new fries, so I had left. So I taste the fries, and after I got to the third one, it was a cold fry still. So I went back to take the food back [and] I asked her, ‘Why would you give me the same fries and just put one or two on top to make me think that you gave me new fries?’ She started laughing, and all of them started laughing, acting like it’s funny."

The mother of three continued, “I was like, ‘What’s funny? I paid for food, and I should get what I asked for.’ They laughed at me...One of them was like, ‘All of this over fries?’ So now I’m arguing with them back and forth. The boy where they cook the food at was like, ‘You got all this food in your teeth.’ So I said, ‘You wanna take it out? You’re saying I got all this food in my teeth, you wanna take it out?’ ”

From there, things escalated as tempers flared, and the McDonald's staff members continued to crack jokes at Fullmore's expense. Therefore, Fullmore took out her cellphone and called her 23-year-old son, Michael Morgan, who just so happened to be in the area, and when he pulled up to the restaurant, he was none too pleased with the way his mother had been treated by the McDonald's staff. 

"You all gotta back off my mother!" Said Morgan, before asking a McDonald's staff member named Matthew Jeremiah Webb to step outside with him.

About 10 minutes after the verbal dispute, Webb who was propositioned by Fullmore's son to step outside, obliged him and exited the building. This proved to be a costly mistake because shortly after leaving the restaurant, without his uniform on, the McDonald's worker found Morgan, who then shot him in the neck and fled the scene. In the aftermath of the gun incident, Fullmore claimed that she saw 'something tucked under Webb's big blue shirt' of the McDonald's worker as he left the eatery. But law enforcement contests that it's unlikely that the victim was carrying a gun because Webb did not have a criminal record. Nevertheless, Fullmore remains steadfast in her viewpoint that the McDonald's employee instigated the occurrence from start to the very end.

“There was no reason for him to go outside looking for somebody," Fullmore said. "Whatever happened outside, you caused that to happen.”

Fullmore and her 23-year-old son were arrested shortly after the incident, but the mother will not face any charges. The shooter is currently in police custody, while the victim remains in critical condition at Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center.

For more on this tragic story, click the link below.

Source: MSN