Update 09/13/2021 2:15pm:
Previously, former NBA All-Star Cedric Ceballos revealed that he had COVID-19, and was in the ICU battling the virus. Ceballos said the virus was “kicking my butt,” and showed a photo of himself with a mask on, along with breathing tubes. Now, Ceballos has given an update on the matter, noting that he is COVID-19 free, but his fight against the virus is still continuing.
Ceballos said “Hello family and friends, giving a UPDATE on my health situation….. I am COVID-19 free, thank you so very much for your prayers and well wishes to help me with that. I still CAN NOT breathe, walk or function on my own yet.” Despite the troubling update, Ceballos made it clear that his health will get better. Stay tuned for more updates.
Original 09/07/2021 8:10pm:
Former NBA All-Star Cedric Ceballos recently shared a chilling photo of himself in ICU as he battles COVID-19.
Ceballos, who played 11 NBA seasons, shared the picture on Tuesday, marking his tenth day in ICU. He asked for prayers and issued a public apology for all those he may have done wrong in the past.
"On my 10th day in ICU, COVID-19 is officially kicking my but, I am asking ALL family, friends , prayer warriors healers for your prayers and well wish for my recovery. If I have done and anything to you in the past , allow me to publicly apologize. My fight is not done….. Thx," he wrote via Twitter.
Ceballos revealed that he had contracted the virus 11 days ago on Instagram. He wrote at the time, "I have contracted COVID-19, I am out of the hospital and currently resting @ home. Hopefully I will get back to the best of health and quick recovery. When we have new dates [for his golf tournament] we will post, thank you for your understanding and God bless."
Durng his NBA career, Ceballos played for the Phoenix Suns, Los Angeles Lakers, Dallas Mavericks, Detroit Pistons and Miami Heat. He was selected to his lone all-star game in 1995 and won the 1992 Dunk Contest.