A 14-year-old teen is recovering from serious injuries after an electronic cigarette exploded in his face. Leor Domatov suffered injuries after he was blinded by an exploding electronic cigarette at the Kings Plaza Shopping Center in Brooklyn according to CBS New York.

Domatov said he was at Plaza Vapes kiosk inside the Kings Plaza Shopping Center when he was shown an electronic cigarette. Domatov states, “The guy was showing me different products of the vaporizers. He connected one of the vaporizers to the battery at the store,” “When he gave it to me to hold, it exploded in my hands and my face.”

Marc Ferud, Domatov's attorney, plans on suing the Plaza Vapes kiosk and the Kings Plaza Shopping Center. Ferud states, “They don’t ask him for any ID, nothing, and they’re showing him different kinds of products and there are no signs up that reflect state and city law. It’s illegal to sell these products to anyone under the age of 21,”

Plaza Vapes has since posted a sign stating that you must be 21 to purchase any product. 

Source: youtube.com